Monday, February 1, 2010

Blah Monday

I'm not feeling very motivated today. I had a distressing week, a not great weekend, and I've been sore and tired. Not complaining, just letting you know what is up. Anyhow, all that, and winter doldrums have left me sluggish and feeling lonely and sad.

Photobucket

William is a help, although he doesn't know it. He just does the littlest things that make me giggle or smile.

* Singing the "Goofy Goober Rock" song from SpongeBob SparePants.
* Rocking back and forth on his feet like a sumo dancer while he dances, then trying to spin around on his back a la Fab 5 Freddie.
* Playing the piano with all the seriousness of Beethoven or Horowitz.
* Using my Eiffel Tower statues that I've collected over the years as buildings when he plays with cars (I have the Champs d'Elysees and Champ de Mars in my living room).
* Sleeping like my grandfather, knees bent, legs crossed.

The list goes on and on. I would be remiss if I did not say that Kendall and Collin are amazing kids, too. There's just something about the continuous joy of discovery that William revels in. He's a rainbow on an overcast day.

Photobucket
grace_09_photos, photobucket

So I will be casting on today for my Cold Mountain Stole. A little more motivated about that, except that I still haven't completed my first Spiral Eyelet Sock. I am slow. Turtle on the sand slow. But the sock will go to the side and the stole shall begin. I can just see myself rockin' it this summer in some simple outfit, the stole being the statement piece.

Okay. I've rambled on long enough. Have a good Monday and happy casting on to all of Kate's Lace Knit Along participants!

4 comments:

stringsofpurls said...

Praying you experience joy today! the sun is shining in Loveland...that in itself is a miracle this winter! Oh, and eat some chocolate, drink some coffee and do a little exercise, in any order!

Denise | Chez Danisse said...

My day is pretty blah too...

Roxanne said...

Seems like a bunch of gals are having a blah Monday! I'm right there with you, but alas tomorrow is a new day :)

Kitty said...

Happy cast on day! I'm sorry you're not feeling so hot... I'm glad there's a little ray of sunshine for you! Take care!

Related Posts with Thumbnails